Lab Directors: Karen Milchus and Jon Sanford
The Accessible Workplace Lab develops new workplace technologies that maximize independence and participation of people with disabilities in the workplace and provides educational products and resources to support those trying to improve workplace accessibility.
The Lab’s major current and past projects include:
- The Disability and Rehabilitation Research Project (DRRP) on Universal Design Practices to Enhance Work Outcomes
- The Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Workplace Accomodations (Work RERC)
- Work Accommodations in STEM Occupations
- Disability Case Study Research Consortium on Employer Organizational Practices in Employing People with Disabilities
- Milchus, K.; Adya, M. and Samant, D. (2010). Costs and Benefits of Workplace Accommodations: Findings from Company Case Studies. Paper presentation at the 2010 Annual RESNA Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
The Work RERC is also a major contributor to the AT Wiki,Assistivetech.net, and the CATEA Consumer Network, CCN.